Monday, September 8, 2014

Daytime & Nighttime Inspo: NYMD & Flaunt/ Siwy







http://www.ruelala.com/blog/


#NYMD

New York Men's Day: what a success. As my first time working a major show I believe it went off without a hitch. New York Men's Day was founded by Erin Hawker (my amazing boss) in 2013. This year we showcased 10 menswear designers from David Hart to Lucio Castro to Gents (just a few of our clients) to other brands to Stephen F and Antonio Azzulo (not our clients but equally amazing menswear designers). It was an amazing experience because first Cadillac sponsored the event, also the amount of people that showed up to the event was something I would want to do 1,000 times over again. I was working the front door with a few other interns checking in people on the guest list, it was a crazy day but like I said I would do it over again 1,000 times. After the event ended we went right to the after for Flaunt and Siwy denim. It was so much fun, I was again working the door but this time it was an even wilder crowd. 

Overall it was an amazing experience, sure I missed class and was completely exhausted but I loved every bit of it. I got to work with the people from work, got to meet some people that I can network with for the rest of my life, and learned so much about the fashion industry. After living in New York for just a month, I realized that I never want to leave, I want to so badly come back next year to work New York Men's Day again because I know that if I don't I'll miss out on so much. 

Cheers. xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...